At 19, I read a sentence that re-terraformed my head: “The level of matter in the universe has been constant since the Big Bang.”
In all the aeons we have lost nothing, we have gained nothing - not a speck, not a grain, not a breath. The universe is simply a sealed, twisting kaleidoscope that has reordered itself a trillion trillion trillion times over.
Each baby, then, is a unique collision - a cocktail, a remix - of all that has come before: made from molecules of Napoleon and stardust and comets and whale tooth; colloidal mercury and Cleopatra’s breath: and with the same darkness that is between the stars between, and inside, our own atoms.
When you know this, you suddenly see the crowded top deck of the bus, in the rain, as a miracle: this collection of people is by way of a starburst constellation. Families are bright, irregular-shaped nebulae. Finding a person you love is like galaxies colliding. We are all peculiar, unrepeatable, perambulating micro-universes - we have never been before and we will never be again. Oh God, the sheer exuberant, unlikely face of our existences. The honour of being alive. They will never be able to make you again. Don’t you dare waste a second of it thinking something better will happen when it ends. Don’t you dare.
- poor person: help i need money
- rich person: why dont you sell your computer
- poor person: firstly you act as if someone is guaranteed to buy my computer. i can put it on ebay or amazon or craigslist but i'm not guaranteed to get someone who wants it and stores often dont want used shit unless they give me a shitty price for it.
- poor person: secondly computers have become a necessity rather than a luxury and you're lying to yourself severely if you say that it hasn't considering how virtually everything has to be done online nowadays from paying bills to applying for jobs.
- poor person: thirdly did you know that selling my computer will not solve all of my problems it will only put about $80 - $250 into my pocket considering it's fucking used its not like i'm going to suddenly gain a steady flow of income upon selling my computer but yeah keep that smug look on your face as if "sell ur computer then" was some ingenious idea that i've never fucking thought of before
I was really productive today. I laid around til Daddy left for work. Then I laid around for like another hour then I got up went swimming with my mom, packed some stuff and did laundry, went to Taco Bell with my mom, went to the pool to eat, went swimming again! Then packed a bunch more!! Finished putting away the clean clothes, and now Daddy’s home and we had dinner and are watching Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure.
ATTENTION: SIGNAL BOOST THE SHIT OUT OF THIS RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT OK I HAVE FOUR DOGS AND I WOULD KILL THE BASTARD WHO TRIES TO HARM THEM OR ANY OTHER ANIMAL. SIGNAL BOOST PLEASE.
NOBODY DESERVES TO HAVE THEIR LITTLE CREATURES OF HAPPINESS KILLED
THIS IS HORRIBLE. I HAVE TWO FUCKING PIT BULLS AND ALL OF MY NEIGHBORS OWN DOGS. THIS IS FUCKING HORRIBLE AND MUST BE STOPPED. SIGNAL FUCKING BOOST THIS SHIT.
it may be a prank but just in case keep your dogs inside. (also cats, especially black ones because people are really fucking stupid)